Here are some advice:
- Prefer organic to classical farm products, especially fruit and vegetables.
- Limit the consumption of food that has been in contact with plastic wrappings.
- Prepare the maximum of food in the home using fresh organic produce.
- Avoid cooking food in ‘non-stick’ pans, use stainless steel.
- Avoid stocking food in plastic containers, use glass or ceramic.
- Do not micro-wave in plastic containers, even if some are considered safe a general rule is that it’s better to avoid it altogether.
- Do not drink coffee and other hot beverages from plastic lined cups.
- Limit the number of unnecessary cosmetics, especially those with phthalates, triclosan and parabens.
- Wash all clothes before wearing
- Cover up with hats and shirts rather than use sun-screen.
If pregnant or breast-feeding:
- Do not eat tuna and salmon more than one a week.
- Take mineral and vitamin supplements that contain 150µg iodine per daily dose and use iodized salt.
- And of course – take no medication except on the advice of your doctor. Even limit use of acetaminophen, especially during the weeks of pregnancy.
Once baby is born besides continuing with the above recommendations:
- Do not use baby creams with phthalates, triclosan or parabens.
- Do not give soy-based milk products.
- Use glass feeding bottles.